How can I transfer all my iBooks samples to my new phone?

Today I upgraded from an iPhone 3GS to an iPhone 4S. I did a backup of the old phone and restored that to my new phone, but it did not back up all of the book samples I have downloaded from iBooks. When I went into the iBooks store on the new phone and downloaded all my previous purchases, it only downloaded the few books I have bought so far. Apparently Apple doesn't consider samples to be worthy of backing up.

I have several dozen samples in my library - it seemed like the best way to remember books that I wanted to buy. I don't really want to pay for a dodgy piece of "transfer iPhone to Mac" software. I am, however, willing to jailbreak the old phone. I've never looked into jailbreaking before, so I have no idea if there is any app that will let me get all the book samples off my phone.
posted by starvingartist to Technology (1 answer total)

I've had this same issue. What I ended up doing is just writing down a list, then redownloading them. Really doesn't take that long, it's just wearisome
posted by Patbon at 4:53 PM on May 5, 2012

« Older Think my central AC has blown ...   |  Is my cat going to damage our ... Newer »