Jack Nicholson's Glasses in Easy Rider

What type of glasses is Jack Nicholson wearing in Easy Rider?

In his scene stealing performance in Easy Rider, Jack Nicholson wears some pretty sharp eyeglasses with clip on shades. Does anyone know what brand/model they are?
There are some good pics of them in this gallery, about halfway down (spoiler alert!).
posted by bigspoon to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (4 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

I had a pair of those--the style is called Browline, and the brand is almost certainly Shuron. American Optical and Ray-Ban make similar styles.
posted by mattdidthat at 4:00 PM on May 5, 2012 [1 favorite]

Forgot to include ArtCraft's Clubman line.
posted by mattdidthat at 4:05 PM on May 5, 2012

I had a pair of Ray-Ban club masters with prescription clear lenses and clip on shades back in the 80s. They were pretty much the same as my granddad (and Ncholson) had back in the 60s.
posted by birdherder at 4:42 PM on May 5, 2012

You can't go wrong with Shuron. They have four different temples to choose from, greater size range, the option for clip-ons, and Made in USA (if that matters). And are considerably cheaper than the Ray-Bans. I ordered mine from Optometric Attic.
posted by cazoo at 5:07 PM on May 5, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older PLUMBING: Is it easily possibl...   |  Think my central AC has blown ... Newer »