Advice On Starting A Personal Chef / Meal Delivery Business?
May 1, 2012 3:33 PM Subscribe
Recently I've been considering starting a small personal chef business. I was hoping there might be some personal chefs here on MeFi that could offer me some advice/tips.
posted by ISeemToBeAVerb to food & drink (8 answers total) 7 users marked this as a favorite
Some questions off the top of my head (sorry If I have a lot):
1. Any websites you find useful? Places where other personal chefs hang out?
2. Is being a personal chef a viable full-time business, or is it likely more of a side income?
3. In general, what do you think is a manageable number of clients to accommodate?
4. Do you find that business is mostly referral based?
5. Do you dictate your menus or let the client choose?
6. Where do you do the cooking? Home? Commercial kitchen? Client's home?
7. Do you generally charge a la carte or for meal packages?
8. (If you feel comfortable sharing) What do you generally charge for your services?
9. (In your opinion) what are the most difficult aspects of running a personal chef business?
Of course any additional advice/opinions are greatly welcomed and appreciated.