Powerpoint's acting like Photoshop

Why does Powerpoint display the negative of a picture or otherwise mess up the colors?

The question is hopefully short and simple: why does Powerpoint display the negative of a picture or otherwise mess up the colors? In some cases the pictures are an exact negative; in others they have an odd tint, as though one of the three primary colors is drained.

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate with PowerPoint 2002, and the pictures in question display perfectly in Picasa, Paint, etc. I've tried the XP Compatibility mode (no effect), and am unsure what else to try.

Asking for help gave an error about the Microsoft Agent, and a hotfix was found and installed. Still no effect - I'm either missing something silly, or there's something odd going on...
posted by chrisinseoul to Computers & Internet (2 answers total)

I would sometimes have this problem when placing CMYK images. Are your images in RGB or CMYK? If CMYK, try converting to RGB then placing in Powerpoint and see if that helps.
posted by Uncle Glendinning at 11:02 AM on April 29, 2012 [1 favorite]

@Uncle Glendinning - the images have never been converted to CMYK. GDocs works perfectly, as well...
posted by chrisinseoul at 5:58 AM on April 30, 2012

« Older How I do I cite a massively mu...   |  Week old beef broth, kept in t... Newer »