How can I get a wedding dress custom-made in China?
April 25, 2012 3:20 PM Subscribe
How can I get a wedding dress custom-made in either Beijing or Quinhuangdao, China? I'll be there for a few weeks and I have a few questions about how this might be possible.
posted by andreapandrea to clothing, beauty, & fashion (3 answers total)
I am traveling to China. I will be in Quinhuangdao for two weeks and Beijing for a week.
I'd like to have a wedding dress made while I am there and am looking for some advice on this, having never been there before or had things custom-made. Here are some questions I had, but any general or specific help you can give is greatly appreciated!
- Shall I bring pictures or do I need to bring a pattern as well?
- Does the pattern have to be my size? (I am looking at vintage patterns online and they are not all my size.)
- Do I purchase the material myself ahead of time or does the dressmaker do this there?
- Can anyone recommend a good dressmaker in either Beijing or Quinhuangdao?
- Does anyone know how long it takes to have a wedding dress made?
- Can it be done the week that I am in Beijing or do I need to get it done over the two weeks that I am in Quinhuangdao?
- Any other advice or things I haven't thought of?