Skip

More about Thunderbirds! And not the car or the email client
April 25, 2012 7:15 AM   Subscribe

Does anyone have any recommendations for books/websites/other resources about Thunderbirds? And I don't mean the car or the email client. I'm looking for anything at all about both the various Native American mythological traditions (Southwestern American in particular) or the cryptozoological urban legends about the things. My Amazon and web searches have, well, mostly gotten me cars, email clients, and turquoise jewelry.
posted by whitneyarner to Society & Culture (3 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

The Fortean Times has had small articles on thunderbirds (particularly a photo that many people remember seeing but nobody can find) - they have a researcher's index and archive somewhere (sorry I can't be more specific)
posted by BinaryApe at 7:29 AM on April 25, 2012

This is a bit roundabout but I happened to have bookmarked a page of reference info on the supernatural figures from Neil Gaiman's American Gods and it says the UC Davis Native American Studies Program has good info on Thunderbirds and related topics. Perhaps you could shoot a professor there an email?
posted by Wretch729 at 7:44 AM on April 25, 2012

I'm sure Cryptomundo has info floating aorund
posted by zombieApoc at 1:03 PM on April 25, 2012

« Older Property investment filter: Ho...   |  How do (or should I) ask for a... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.