Larry can't help it, it's his culture?

Curb Your Enthusiasm Filter: Which episodes, out of all eight seasons, best epitomizes Larry's (NYC) culture clash with life in L.A.? My suspicion is that it's "The Shrimp Incident" from Season 2, but perhaps there is a better exemplar.
posted by rudster to Media & Arts (7 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

I think this speaks to that, and might be the best scene in the whole series.
posted by timsteil at 10:39 AM on April 24, 2012 [1 favorite]

Maybe "Pig Parker" from season 8? Here's a clip (featuring the great Brett Gelman!)
posted by mullacc at 10:50 AM on April 24, 2012 [2 favorites]

I forget the episode but perhaps the one where he refuses to take off his shoes at the porn actors' house?
posted by werkzeuger at 1:16 PM on April 24, 2012 [1 favorite]

Porno Gil
posted by timsteil at 1:24 PM on April 24, 2012

How about the episode where he goes with Cheryl to the beach (which he hates), sees his shrink in a Speedo, and then goes on to dump his shrink due to said Speedo? The conflict with Richard Lewis is hilarious un that one, too.
posted by imalaowai at 8:36 PM on April 24, 2012

This is a great example of culture clash.
posted by night_train at 4:50 AM on April 25, 2012

All great answers, much obliged. I've watched "The Vow of Silence" about 10 times now and it really fits the bill.
posted by rudster at 3:03 PM on April 25, 2012

« Older Can I solve dark hair dye buil...   |  I've been suffering muscle sor... Newer »