Help Us Spring Clean Our Documentation

User documentation/knowledgebases: Looking for best practices, great examples, and advice/instructional sites or publications. Also open to lowlights/worst-of resources. Analysis of how users engage with documentation would be useful, too.

The company I work for is evolving their documentation process and having some examples & reference material would be invaluable in gaining focus and doing it right.

The product is tool-centric, database-driven, and a SAAS. Users range from extremely low technical understanding to DBAs with programming experience. We are explaining the user interface and toolsets only, not the underpinnings.

Current approach is somewhat hodge-podge, and we're comfortable with relaunching the entire effort to get something better for all concerned.
posted by batmonkey to Computers & Internet 4 users marked this as a favorite

« Older I have an Android phone - T-mo...   |  help my friend recall the name... Newer »