Frailty, thigh name is...
April 19, 2012 7:07 AM Subscribe
Why the heck am I always rubbing the thighs out of my pants?
posted by anonymous to clothing, beauty, & fashion (38 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
I'm a guy in my 20s, and this has been happening to me for about as long as I can remember. After a mere few months, the thighs of my pants will become threadbare, and then come to rip open fairly quickly. It's a very wide, shallow deterioration of fabric, so it's basically unpatchable. This sucks! Here are a few possible theories I've had:
1) My thighs rub together more than the average person's. I'm overweight, but not obese. So, if this was a thing I imagine it'd affect a ton of people, and I haven't ever heard of anyone else complaining about this. I also have pretty strong legs and thighs, but I'm not some sort of Tour de France athlete or something.
2) I walk a whole lot more than the average American. Ok, maybe this is it? But I've never heard of a crotch-rubbing epidemic in rural Greece or anything.
3) I walk funny? I have no idea if this is even the case. But it's possible.
4) I buy almost exclusively second-hand clothing. I thought this was a pretty likely culprit until I bought a new pant or two, though, and had the exact same problem.
5) I wear a pair of pants more frequently than I imagine is normal. I tend to only have a couple of pants in rotation at a given time, so I'd say I typically wear a given pair of pants 2 or even 3 times a week.
...and that is definitely the most any human has ever written about crotchal holes, to date. I feel like one or more of those theories is what's causing the problem, but I wish I knew which, so I could correct it. It's hard for me to find pants I like, so having one shuffle off the mortal coil sucks. Has anyone had this problem and gotten to the bottom of it?