April 18, 2012 6:14 PM Subscribe
For the love of God how do I get my foscam ip camera to work over the internet via my airport extreme?
posted by IzzeYum to Computers & Internet (7 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
I having been working on this for at least 6 hours and am losing my mind. I have looked at all the tutorials I can find and none seem to work.
1) I have a Foscam FI8918W
2) Works perfectly locally over wifi.
3) I set up an account at dyndns - the url name with the port # seems to work if the camera is plugged into the airport extreme.
4) If I go on a different wifi network neither the ip nor the dyndns url work.
5) Have tried the surveillance pro app with no luck
6) I have set up a username and pw so its not just the admin one
7) I thought I set-up port mapping correctly - all ports are listed as 83 (although I also tried 80 and 86). Private IP address is the IP for the camera I get when I run ipscanner
8) I tried an ipv6 tunnel and not blocking incoming connections
9) It is set to WPA/WPA2 Personal (heard some cams have a problem with just WPA2)
10) My DynDNS Ip address is the ip address of the camera. I also tried my ip address from whatismyip
Losing my mind - any help would be much appreciated. There was a previous question from about a year+ ago but didn't seem to get a set resolution.