Longevity Robe?

Robe found in a thrift store with a label that says "Longevity" and "Hangzhou China" along with Chinese characters I cannot translate - Can anyone help me find more information about it?

Here are some pictures of the robe and label:
Robe

Detail on Robe

Label

I think its a Men's robe, but I am not 100% sure. So my questions are:
1. Is it a men's robe?
2. What is the name of the brand?
3. Is there a name for this style?
4. For extra points - what kind of women's pajamas would stylistically work well with this robe?

Anything you can tell me about it would be appreciated.
posted by Julnyes to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (3 answers total)

The characters on the top row contain the Chinese characters for "longevity", so it's very likely the name of the brand. The characters at the bottom, on the other hand, indicate that the robe is either made in Hangzhou, China or the company is based in Hangzhou.

I can't tell if it's a men's robe, but it bears a faint resemblance to the hanfu, though the placing of the pockets are very modern.
posted by peripathetic at 6:02 PM on April 18, 2012

The pocket placement seems to make it a men's robe, but that's no reason not to wear it, it's lovely. I would wear it with a long satin nightgown, something plain and cut on a bias so that it shows off your curves. Black would be good, but you could also match it to one of the colours of the robe; blue, or teal, or even gold. Then you need to drape yourself over a red velvet couch and have someone sexy feed you chocolate and champagne. it's just that kind of robe.
posted by 5_13_23_42_69_666 at 9:22 PM on April 18, 2012 [1 favorite]

peripathetic - so the label information is the same just written in two languages? Thanks for the info.

5_13_23_42_69_666 - Oh I am definitely wearing it! I picked it up after some friends and I rewatched Paris is Burning, so I get to swan about the house talking about "realness" and declaring myself OPULENT! So I just wanted to find something to wear with it to kick up the decadence. Thanks for the suggestions.
posted by Julnyes at 11:47 AM on April 19, 2012

« Older Does anyone know of any recipe...   |  Question about the eye exam ne... Newer »