Join 3,514 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Like Pinterest, but not Pinterest
April 17, 2012 9:01 PM   Subscribe

I'm looking for more online galleries in the visual design style of Pinterest and Saatchi Online.

I'm familiar with the jQuery style that allows images to be displayed like this, but I know there are more examples; it seems like a really dominant trend for art sites, photo sites, and online galleries. I just can't... find any, now that I want to see more implementations. Argh.

All links gratefully accepted.
posted by DarlingBri to Computers & Internet (11 answers total) 13 users marked this as a favorite

It seems like you just want a gallery with infinite scroll style?

http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/javascript-ajax/how-to-create-an-infinite-scroll-web-gallery/
posted by Thisispiggy at 9:05 PM on April 17, 2012

No, I'm actually looking for sites that use "magical layouts" fluidly arranging both landscape and portrait images.
posted by DarlingBri at 9:10 PM on April 17, 2012

Oh ok. Here are some more links
posted by Thisispiggy at 9:16 PM on April 17, 2012

Thanks! One of those was a link to Fab, which was in my mental Rolodex of "Why can't I think of that site?!"
posted by DarlingBri at 9:19 PM on April 17, 2012

Not sure if this will help, but here are two Wordpress themes that follow this style Shaken Grid and Evo
posted by squeak at 9:23 PM on April 17, 2012

lover.ly is another example.
posted by logic vs love at 10:07 PM on April 17, 2012

http://weheartit.com/ ?
posted by Violet Hour at 10:10 PM on April 17, 2012

My friend Bruce was CEO of Saatchi Online - I'm sure he'll be glad to know you like the site!

As for how images are displayed, Flickr now uses a "justified" format for displaying favorites. I think this is similar to what you're after. I think you can choose any random member and view their favorites in this layout.
posted by blaneyphoto at 10:13 PM on April 17, 2012

7 Pinterest Clones: Can You Tell the Difference?
posted by caclwmr4 at 11:22 PM on April 17, 2012

The developer has a list of sites that use Isotope at Delicious.
posted by Memo at 7:07 AM on April 18, 2012

Here's another similar one, Juxtapost
posted by caclwmr4 at 2:03 PM on May 1, 2012

« Older How do I buy art from a galler...   |  Help me identify these fonts f... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.