Need a Japanese-speaking Dr. STAT

Please help find a Japanese-speaking psychiatrist or psychologist near Sacramento.

Asking for a friend in crisis. He tried calling 211 but they sent him to a clinic with a five day wait for an evaluation. He speaks English reasonably well, but is becoming increasingly agitated by cultural and language barriers.

He is uninsured, but has access to money. I have advised him to go to an er for help, but he declined. I think the only thing left is for him to be able to talk to someone who knows "the system" and can communicate in Japanese.

Unfortunately, he has had some recent experience with the criminal justice system, but the agencies overseeing his case have not helped with referrals or employment support.

Thanks
posted by simbiotic to Health & Fitness (3 answers total)

Perhaps they could call Asian Community Mental Health Services? They're in the East Bay, not Sacramento, but they might have a lead on someone who could help or assist them in navigating the system from a short distance.
posted by elsietheeel at 12:22 PM on April 12, 2012

Thank you! I was able to find APCC in Sacramento.
posted by simbiotic at 12:41 PM on April 12, 2012 [2 favorites]

Here's a list of Japanese-oriented medical services in CA
posted by KokuRyu at 12:47 PM on April 12, 2012

« Older My new Motorola S9 HD bluetoot...   |  Recipe Filter: Culinary Rubik... Newer »