AIO that prints and scans both sides

Duplex-scanning colour AIO: Epson WorkForce WF-7520, Canon PIXMA MX892, or ... ?

Would like to replace a rather cranky HP PhotoSmart with something a bit more spiff. Must have: colour, duplex printing, network, duplex scan. Will not be doing a huge volume of printing. Scanning documents using the ADF for archiving is important (though I could just be trying to get the functionality of a ScanSnap on the cheap).
posted by scruss to Computers & Internet (6 answers total)

FWIW I've had the PIXMA MX870 for a while now, purchased on sale at Costco, and have been happy with it. I use the ADF for faxing and scanning, duplex for the latter. I have it connected to my network and everyone prints on it (Windows and Mac machines in our house). I print some family photos at my wife's request on 5x7, and labels for envelopes. But I am not an expert on AIO printers, so take my advice with a grain of salt.
posted by forthright at 8:13 PM on April 11, 2012

I have a canon MF 8300 series (exact model # is at home, so I'm looking at the driver info on my laptop).

The only part I'm not sure about is duplex scanning. (I assume you mean you put a 2-sided document in the feeder, and it scans both sides ?). Otherwise, it does everything you want. It was $450, and I'm VERY happy with it.
posted by k5.user at 8:20 AM on April 12, 2012

> duplex scanning. (I assume you mean you put a 2-sided document in the feeder, and it scans both sides ?).

Yes, that's what I meant, thanks.

The Workforce is on an outrageous deal at the moment, but I was badly burned by Epson's C60/C80 cartridge scam (and just missed the class action payment, drat).
posted by scruss at 9:19 AM on April 12, 2012

OK, after checking, our canon doesn't do that. Sorry. (MFP 8350 cdn).
posted by k5.user at 12:17 PM on April 12, 2012

Thanks. I ordered the Workforce. I'll follow up once it arrives.
posted by scruss at 7:53 AM on April 16, 2012

Yep, the Workforce seems to be decent. Will duplex scan to PDF to local storage, which is then available over the network. Full A3 scanner, too.
posted by scruss at 2:09 PM on April 21, 2012

« Older Help us find a cell phone solu...   |  I'm trying to go from a mostly... Newer »