Join 3,497 readers in helping fund MetaFilter (Hide)

Tags:

Resume soup
April 11, 2012 1:35 PM   Subscribe

Academic (but non-PhD) job filter: How to list a previous job when I was affiliated with several institutions performing similar, but not same duties at each?

Due to funding, my previous job entailed the following:

Receive paycheck from Place A, but never actually be physically present at place A or perform any duties on grounds. Physically work at Place B, but have non-employee privileges; attend meetings/be involved with different projects at Place C once a week, also as a non-employee. My supervisors were similarly affiliated with Places A, B, C.

Now that I am updating my resume, I am unsure whether to list A, B, C separately, but then my duties at three places overlapped therefore I will be sounding redundant.

What would be an appropriate plan of action here?
posted by mooselini to Work & Money (2 answers total)

You put down who paid you as A after the position. You put B as the location and say you conducted whatever duties and accomplishments at B and C.
posted by parmanparman at 1:47 PM on April 11, 2012

I was in a similar position and put the name of the most well known institution. If all are well-known, put 'Research Associate (spacing) joint project for Cool Inc., Awesomeplace, and Whatever.
posted by k8t at 2:56 PM on April 11, 2012

« Older Looking for sci-fi novels with...   |  Know any ungendered, artful, w... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.