Help me find another crappy movie better lost to the reels of time.

It's the worst movie I've never seen. What is it?

When my husband was a kid (late 80s-90s) he saw a terrible "comedy" movie about two men who cross-dress/pretend to be women in order to go to a women's prison. I'm not sure why they did this. To seduce ladies? Because they thought it would be easier than prison with guys? Nor am I sure if this was the central plot of the film. The only specific identifying scene he can remember is in a prison showers, when a tough woman tosses a bar of soap on the floor and says something like "Oops. I'm such a clumsy bitch. Mind picking that up for me?" so one of the guys will bend over.

Yes, this movie sounds terrible in every way and I've no desire to watch it. So naturally it has been bothering me ever since my husband told me about it roughly seven years ago. (It doesn't help that we still call ourselves clumsy bitches whenever we drop something.) As far as I can tell, he saw it sometime between 1988 and 2000, it may have been a TV movie but was probably a feature, it was supposed to be funny, and it was low, low, low, low-low, low budget. (Also cross-dressing in the weak Jack and Jill/Work It/isn't this hilarious we're men wearing dresses sense.)

Based on this tiny description, can anyone tell me what movie this might be?
posted by pepper bird to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Any chance it was Nuns on the Run?
posted by mrfuga0 at 10:46 AM on April 5, 2012

Hmm. Does this list of movies tagged as cross-dressing, prison have any likely hits?
posted by adamrice at 11:22 AM on April 5, 2012

mrfuga0: Pretty sure it wasn't that, for reasons I'll list below.

adamrice: I clicked on the ones I didn't know and none of them seem to fit.

I passed the suggestions on to Mr. Bird and he gave me some further information:

- He watched the movie on Starz in the early 2000s, but it could have been made earlier.
- The two main characters in the movie were black men.
posted by pepper bird at 6:30 AM on April 6, 2012

I found this earlier but dismissed it because I thought it was a couple years too late, but could it have been Go for Broke?
posted by johnofjack at 10:09 AM on April 6, 2012

That is IT, johnofjack! Confirmed by Mr. Bird. Thank you so much! Now I can be sure to never watch it, not even by accident.
posted by pepper bird at 12:03 PM on April 9, 2012

« Older Do you have experience getting...   |  Why do we want ppl the more th... Newer »