Skip

Who is researching Hepatitis C?
April 4, 2012 12:31 PM   Subscribe

Who is doing research into Hepatitis C?

I am looking to raise awareness of hepatitis C and would like to promote some organizations that are doing research into hepatitis C treatments and cures.

Thank you!
posted by Rock 'em Sock 'em to Science & Nature (6 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

I don't think this is what you're looking for because these are for-profit pharmaceutical companies, but both Merck and Vertex have treatments out.
posted by ldthomps at 12:40 PM on April 4, 2012

Here are a few places to start:

hivandhepatitis.com is a news site that summarizes recent research and conference presentations on HCV. A look through their articles will give you the names of key researchers. Most of them are working in academic medical and public health research institutions (or pharmaceutical companies.)

The UFO Study at UCSF is one of my personal favorites and I know that they are actively recruiting for a vaccine trial right now. They can always use funding and are generally amazing people.

This is advocacy, not research, but the National Viral Hepatitis Roundtable advocates for increasing research funding for hepatitis, which is one way to leverage awareness into research support.
posted by gingerbeer at 12:41 PM on April 4, 2012 [1 favorite]

In the US, you can look up every investigator who has ever received National Institutes of Health funding to study Hepatitis C by doing a search in Project Reporter. It'll tell you what they proposed, what published results came out of it, how much it cost, etc.
posted by juliapangolin at 1:13 PM on April 4, 2012 [1 favorite]

juliapangolin: "In the US, you can look up every investigator who has ever received National Institutes of Health funding to study Hepatitis C by doing a search in Project Reporter. It'll tell you what they proposed, what published results came out of it, how much it cost, etc."

It will also tell you who funded the work, which might be more directly useful to you.
posted by Blasdelb at 1:15 PM on April 4, 2012

How about news about a HepC vaccine announced yesterday?
posted by cmiller at 8:16 AM on April 5, 2012

For US funding clinical trials, check the Clinical Trials database.
Here is a quick and dirty search for the condition hepatitis C
posted by Librarygeek at 9:47 AM on April 5, 2012

« Older Rhapsody has started to suck. ...   |  Need investors for a restauran... Newer »
This thread is closed to new comments.