I've forgotten the name of a band
April 3, 2012 3:39 PM Subscribe
Can you help me remember the name of this electronic musician from the almost uselessly small amount of information I'm able to provide?
posted by The Discredited Ape to Media & Arts (21 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
Around a year ago I heard an album/mini-album that I'd like to hear again. Here's what we have to go on:
- single word name.
- maybe beginning with I or L. Maybe.
- odd, glitchy, semi-repetitive mutant disco.
- related conceptually and scene-wise to UK dubstep/bass/electronic people like Actress, Zomby, Shackleton, Kode9 etc.
- not Ikonika.
- I have the feeling that the word might have been a familiar word but twisted in some way by doubling up a letter. In the way that Illusion might become Illuusion by adding a surplus u. Don't get too hung up on this item though, because it might not be true at all.
- album cover was mainly black but had some interesting geometric shapes on the front in bluey grey (probably).
- definitely not Ikonika.
- going back to the third point, the music itself - I'm sure it was basically lots of old disco loops, but there was something off and thrillingly awkward about it all, as if the record kept skipping, or as if loops of different lengths were played against each other so they'd slip in and out of phase.
That's it. Does it ring any bells?