What beachy vacation can take en route to Taipei?
April 1, 2012 5:29 PM Subscribe
I live in Toronto, and I have to go to Taipei in June for my brother's wedding. (I've never been to Taiwan.) In addition to the week i spend in Taiwan, I also want to go somewhere culturally interesting with good food and beaches, and i want to either fly there on my way to taiwan, or i want fly there and back from taiwan. Where can i fly to and from taiwan, cheaply? Or where can i stop en route to taiwan, without it breaking the bank? (Right now, my ideal beach vacation stop is Bali, but it appears to be an expensive flight from Taiwan, and it isn't a place i can get to as a stop en route.)
posted by Kololo to travel & transportation around Taiwan (9 answers total)
In case that's confusing, here are my desired flight route options -
- Toronto - Yummy Beachy Place (vacation) - Taiwan (wedding) - Toronto (this would be ideal)
- Toronto - Yummy Beachy Place (vacation) - Taiwan (wedding) - Yummy Beach place (change planes) - Toronto
- Toronto - Taiwan (change planes) - Yummy Beach Place (vacation) - Taiwan (wedding) - Toronto
So, my questions are two - fold:
1) WHERE SHOULD I GO? I have a pretty flexible budget (i'll spend up to $150/night for something amazing but i'd rather stay in the $40-75 range for something semi-rustic but still 'comfortable'), I am a very experienced traveller, and I'll be travelling alone (somewhere very social isn't necessary, but i don't want to go somewhere that's 99% couples-in-love. I'm 35 yr old canadian woman, young at heart, blah blah)
2) HOW CAN I GET THERE (relatively) CHEAPLY? Would i need to get my brother in Taiwan to buy me cheaper tickets? Should i go to a chinese/taiwanese travel agency in toronto? Any specific airlines to look into? What route makes sense?
Thanks in advance for any advice!