I wish I didn't have to make a Rick Santorum reference here

Recommend for me some 100% cotton vests I can wear in the summer time to replace my sweater vests. I'm a guy.

So, my sartorial trademark most work days is an button down shirt, a tie and a sweater vest. I had it before Santorum, so don't give me that. Anyway, when the weather gets warmer, I'd like to keep the tie and vest look but without the bulk. I have this Alternative Apparel Venice cotton vest in brown and adore it: unlike a waistcoat, it's cotton all around, so it doesn't look too ridiculous worm by itself. I'd love to have more like these, in gray or charcoal gray or (perhaps) a very subtle pattern.

Any recommendations on where I might track them down or what to search for? Under $50 each is preferable. Thanks!
posted by Apropos of Something to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (3 answers total)

American Apparel sells various light sweater vest-type things: a, b, c.
posted by brainmouse at 9:53 AM on March 26, 2012

Searching for "fine gauge" sweater vests (skinny yarn knit very small) or "jersey" (knit t-shirt fabric) may help you reach the lighter-weight stuff.

It's great to have a sartorial trademark. Yay, you!
posted by pantarei70 at 9:57 AM on March 26, 2012

As odd as it makes me feel to go into a store that's named for people more than half my age, if you have a Forever 21 close to you that sells its men's line, they have some great lightweight vests.
posted by xingcat at 9:59 AM on March 26, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older What sorts of retail stores do...   |  Recipe Filter: Carrot Edition.... Newer »