Help me disable automatic brightness adjustment on my windows 7 htpc.

I use Windows 7 Media Center to timeshift basketball games and it works fine, except that after a commercial break where there is a bright white commercial, the brightness is shifted down, and the subsequent footage is too dark. This happens at record time but I'm not sure exactly what is causing it or how to disable. My capture card is an ati tv wonder 600 pci.
posted by Manjusri to Computers & Internet (2 answers total)

That's a common problem with many (if not all?) of the ATI analogue capture cards from the last 2~3 years. It's due to the AGC (automatic gain control) time constant & gain settings of the card & driver.

I'm struggling to remember or Google the exact details, but IIRC it's something like:My only suggestion would be to get a better card, but I'm not sure whats readily available these days that isn't ATI-based, apart from the more expensive Hauppage / Grass Valley (Canopus) devices.
posted by Pinback at 2:29 AM on March 25, 2012 [1 favorite]

Thanks! Always amazed by in depth answers here.
posted by Manjusri at 1:29 AM on March 28, 2012

« Older What's a good car for city liv...   |  Hi everyone, I live in Seat... Newer »