Productivity-tracking Software

I'm looking for a productivity-tracking software (freeware) that does the very simplest task of logging the applications I'm using, and its usage duration. At the end of the day it will help me to identify the time I spent mucking around on the web, and actual work productivity.

The software doesn't need to monitor keystrokes, or what websites I visit, etc... at the end of the day I just want to a report on how long I spent working on each program daily, eg 3 hours Photoshop, 2 in Word, 6 on the Web, etc.
posted by arrowhead to Computers & Internet (5 answers total)

WorkTime does exactly that. Free download, but nagware. 30 bucks to buy.
posted by callmejay at 9:11 PM on July 12, 2005

What OS are you using?
posted by bshort at 9:52 PM on July 12, 2005

bshort - I'm on Windows XP
posted by arrowhead at 10:17 PM on July 12, 2005

Microsoft Outlook outlook can do some of this with it's journal feature - a co-worker uses it to do exactly that, how well it works I don't know.
posted by X-00 at 12:29 AM on July 13, 2005

Vakcer Project Tracker.

It looks very good. I've used the demo a few times and it seems like a great solution.
posted by five fresh fish at 10:15 AM on July 13, 2005

« Older I own a printing company and s...   |  (How) can I, a private individ... Newer »