Mew. How do we get 2 kitties across the country?
We're moving again. DC - Seattle. We have 2 cats
. We also have a 3 year old. I don't have a damn clue how to get the kitties to Seattle. (In July.)
Options that I've thought of:
- Sending them cargo. But I've been told that this is often not allowed in the summer months. And also it is not the best.
- Bringing them carry-on. I cannot imagine dealing with 2 cats and a 3 year old, even with 2 adults, on such long flights. Also I understand that you have to take the cats out of their carriers to go through security. The cats would rip my face off, I think.
- One of us drives across the country with the cats and car versus having our car shipped while the other one flies with kid. (Is this worth it financially? Shipping a car is about $1000.)
- Someone suggested to me that we could pay a college student or something to drive them (and maybe our car?) across the country. (Is this a good idea? Safe? How much does it cost?)
- Maybe instead of driving our car, one of us drives a U-HAUL with cats and some of our immediately needed stuff? (How much is it to have a U-HAUL for a week or so?)
- We did PetAirways last time but apparently they're going under.
Are there other options?
(For my own sanity, we're not doing a U-HAUL or anything - using a professional moving company.)