What happened to Ecler?

Ecler is a Spain-bases audio manufacturer, including for DJ equipment. However, they haven't made a new DJ mixer or updated their website in years. Does anyone have any idea what is up with the company?
posted by heybudday to Technology (4 answers total)

Their "dj division" web site appears to be out of date, but this one seems current.
posted by lovermont at 2:43 PM on March 18, 2012

Bizarre that I can't find the name "Nuo" anywhere on their .es site.
posted by rhizome at 3:40 PM on March 18, 2012

On the "DJ division site" they have more than a couple distributors listed, but on the new website lovermont points to, "Ben Gibson" is apparently the person to contact if you're in the US or Canada (which I assume you are, but that's just me assuming stuff). I'd contact a distributor near you listed on the DJ site, to see what they have to say about the situation, and then someone listed on the current site.
posted by Monday, stony Monday at 10:24 PM on March 18, 2012

If you want one, contact him, but don't expect much. I had a nightmare experience wasting a lot of money on a Korg mixer that was orphaned by the company after a year and a half rather than put out a firmware update, and the US rep was supremely unhelpful.
posted by rhizome at 3:44 PM on March 19, 2012

« Older My SO are trying to plan a sho...   |  What are these large metal obj... Newer »