Greetings, Poetry Lovers! Help me remember this poem.

Trying to find a half-remembered poem. It was something about transitory natural states, and I think it specifically mentioned the moment when rain turns to sleet or sleet turns to snow or some such. I think some kind of precipitation was the subject. And that's all I have. Thanks for anything you can offer!
posted by mattholomew to Media & Arts (6 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite

This little poem by Nemerov springs to mind.
posted by katie at 8:54 AM on March 13, 2012 [1 favorite]

Forever and never?
posted by guy72277 at 8:56 AM on March 13, 2012

Processes?
posted by guy72277 at 8:58 AM on March 13, 2012

A long shot, especially because it's a pretty well-known poem, but it's a favorite of mine and sprung to mind when I read your description....

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening by Robert Frost
posted by Squee at 9:11 AM on March 13, 2012

Oh, boo. That's what I get for trying to type out HTML on an iPhone, heh. Let's try that link again...!

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
posted by Squee at 9:17 AM on March 13, 2012

Wow Katie, nailed it right out of the gate! Thanks so much. And thanks to the rest of you too, because now I'm going to go read all those ones you mentioned too.
posted by mattholomew at 9:26 AM on March 13, 2012

« Older Is the man in the moon I see t...   |  I need to house my family in D... Newer »