In Search of Lost Time
March 12, 2012 12:32 PM Subscribe
Looking for a lit/poetry email-newsletter thingy I used to subscribe to.
posted by Doleful Creature to Media & Arts (5 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Back in 2004 I was subscribed to some kind of English literature and poetry newsletter email thing. It was on a work email account and I've been gone from that job for six years so I can't remember it at all.
Here's what I do remember about it:
1. Was fairly frequent...somewhere in the spectrum of daily or weekly.
2. Contained at least one poem each time (I think).
3. Usually had an interesting literary quote.
4. Often had a drink recipe.
5. Often had a "collective noun of the day"
6. I think it was curated by a lit/poetry professor at an American university, possibly on the East coast (it was definitely a man, and he may have also been a poet as well).
Sometimes it would have like little essays or articles about slightly less literary things. Like one time there was this whole thing about modern orchestral music composition and how ridiculous it was the Elvis Costello was getting all this praise for writing a ballet or something.
Also I could have sworn it had the quaint 'e-' designator in the title. Like e-poetry or e-lit or something like that? Please hope me!