What's the best way to hem a stack of fat quarters?
March 9, 2012 9:08 AM Subscribe
Is there a simpler way to sew a hem than how I'm doing it now?
posted by The corpse in the library to Home & Garden (16 answers total) 12 users marked this as a favorite
Here's how I made napkins a few years ago:
1. Take one fat quarter. Iron it.
2. Fold one hem up by 1/4" or so and iron it.
3. Fold the same hem up again. Pin and iron it.
4. Repeat on all four edges.
5. Sew, using my sewing machine.
This gets tedious. My napkins are rags and I'm in need of replacements. Is there a less-annoying way to do a hem?
I have a Brother CS-6000i. The fabric is always cotton.