Looking for Canadian Adult Crisis Lines

I am looking for online only web chat crisis lines for adult Canadians.

I can only seem to find online support for youth (25 and under). All other crisis line situations refer you to a telephone number. For various reasons a phone will not be able to be used for this. I'm specifically looking for sexual assault lines.

*Note: Not a crisis situation*
posted by kanata to Health & Fitness (4 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

RAINN has an online live chat system; I am in the U.S. and so can't tell if it works in Canada.
posted by lalex at 8:16 PM on March 7, 2012

RAINN works in Canada.

Pandys.org is also a good resource, though not for crisis. They have forums and a chat and people are online there most of the time and it's a cut above most online sites.
posted by Chaussette and the Pussy Cats at 10:11 PM on March 7, 2012

The Scarborough Hospital Sexual Assault Care Centre has a nice online resource, but no chat function.
posted by Heart_on_Sleeve at 7:49 AM on March 8, 2012

Thanks. RAINN was tried last night but proved less than helpful.

Pandys.org is great.

I guess I am looking for a place where help can be found online as local resources can't be accessed due to privacy concerns and relationship to perpetrator.
posted by kanata at 7:51 AM on March 8, 2012

« Older Going to Washington, D.C. - wh...   |  Should I steal my former emplo... Newer »