Help keep me warm.
March 4, 2012 12:17 AM Subscribe
I am currently studying a dance-based course at uni, which requires a day-to-day wardrobe of stretchy, comfortable clothes (leotards, singlets, leggings etc.). Easy enough. But I need warm things to chuck on over the top of my dance gear in between classes and I'm sick of trackies and hoodies. Help me find some inspiration.
posted by lovedbymarylane to clothing, beauty, & fashion (16 answers total) 5 users marked this as a favorite
My general style aesthetic is 40s and 50s style dresses, Peter Pan collars, cardis, full skirts... but that's just way too fussy for uni. I need clothes I can move around in, walk a reasonable distance to uni in, and chuck on over my dance gear.
I'd love to see:
- Pictures of dancers, actors etc. in between rehearsals
- Pictures of outfits that are warm, stylish and casual (no heels, tight skirts, silky fabrics etc)
- Street style blogs that feature girls in sneakers, flat boots, leggings etc.
- Pictures/suggestions of jackets and coats that look good with casual outfits
- Pictures/suggestions of cute sneakers or other comfy flat shoes/boots that cover the whole foot (it's too cold for ballet flats here)
- Any ideas you have of fun, stylish and warm outfits I can wear over leggings and a leo!
- No jeans (I often have to rehearse in between classes and jeans limit range of movement way too much).