They're like pepperoni rolls, but better

Does anyone have a tried and true recipe for the kind of pepperoni balls you get in Erie, PA?

I'm working in South Korea and long for the tastes of my hometown. While Smith's Hot Dogs are out of the questions, I thought it might be possible to recreate pepperoni balls. The only problem is that in my kitchen and toaster oven are tiny and baking supplies are relatively expensive. I've seen a couple of recipes online, but I was hoping for a more personal recommendation. Does anyone have a good recipe for the type of pepperoni balls you get in Erie?

If anyone has a recipe for Greek Sauce, I'd love that as well!
posted by FakePalindrome to Food & Drink (2 answers total) 6 users marked this as a favorite

Could you describe what a pepperoni ball is?

And if Greek Sauce is something other than a cauldron of flaming oil could you describe that too?
posted by TheRedArmy at 9:02 AM on March 4, 2012

Did you see this Chowhound thread? There are a couple of recipes that appear to have been posted by Erie natives. (Pepperoni balls, Greek sauce)
posted by Dixon Ticonderoga at 11:16 AM on March 4, 2012 [2 favorites]

« Older Did my flour go bad? I have so...   |  What are some common arguments... Newer »