Quarter-cheese-plate-scattered-smothered-covered

I need help finding a 2D game about running a restaurant- and it involved a lot of mini-games and menial tasks. Very simple graphics, too.

Okay, so it was a game about running a restaurant, a free game for PCs I recall. It wasn't online- you had to download it. Extremely simple graphics and colors. I believe you could purchase upgrades like tip jars...?

It also had tons of mini-games that involved things like cooking food to order and filling drink orders just right.

My Google-fu has failed.
posted by Askiba to Computers & Internet (8 answers total) 1 user marked this as a favorite

Diner Dash?
posted by Multicellular Exothermic at 3:27 PM on February 22, 2012

Definitely pre-Diner Dash. It wasn't a top down view of a restaraunt, I *think*- I have a distinct memory of customers coming in almost sideways, like you were sitting at the counter? I could be wrong about that one.

Also, the graphics were even cruder then that.
posted by Askiba at 3:28 PM on February 22, 2012

Tapper, but the whole thing is basically just one mini-game.
posted by Nelson at 3:38 PM on February 22, 2012 [1 favorite]

Ore No Ryori 2? Screenshots.
posted by iconomy at 3:40 PM on February 22, 2012 [2 favorites]

AHA! I FOUND IT! Tapper reminded me that there was beer involved, along with Japanese elements.

It's called Ore No Ryomi 2. It may be the nostalgia speaking, but it's pretty awesome...
posted by Askiba at 3:40 PM on February 22, 2012

Also iconomy- you nailed right as I did :)
posted by Askiba at 3:41 PM on February 22, 2012

Yeah. I went to Home of the Underdogs and searched the word restaurant ;)
posted by iconomy at 3:42 PM on February 22, 2012

If you like these kind of games, check out the Papa Louie series, which includes burger making, pizzas, tacos and ice cream shops. They are horribly addictive.
posted by Happy Dave at 2:16 AM on February 23, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older What is the cheapest way to bu...   |  I am looking for creative, pun... Newer »