Russian dictionary support on the Nook Simple Touch?

Is there any way I can replace the standard dictionary on my Nook Simple Touch with a Russian/English dictionary?

So I just got a Nook Simple Touch and I am really impressed by the "Look Up" inline dictionary function. However, I could really use the same feature for Russian books. Any way to do this? I'm more than fine with jailbreaking if it's required.

What I do not want is to leave reader app, look up the word, and go. It's the seamless integration that I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!
posted by griphus to Technology (2 answers total)

Looks like there are 2 issues: whether you can replace the dictionary at all, and whether lookup could work for words in Cyrillic.

This wiki makes it look like you'd have to find a dictionary specifically formatted for the Nook. Possibly the mobileread forums would have more information. This forum in Russian might be useful.
posted by trig at 3:29 AM on February 22, 2012

btw, I should have said - also look into alternative reading apps, which might let you plug in your own dictionaries and possibly have better cyrillic support.
posted by trig at 11:23 AM on February 22, 2012

« Older Help me identify a participant...   |  Two years ago I bought a $500 ... Newer »