Thinking of going to LA late next week, NOT for the Oscars.
February 16, 2012 1:54 PM Subscribe
I may be going to Los Angeles next week on a brief vacation with my Disney-Channel-oriented 13-year-old daughter. I have signed up for free tickets to a taping of 'Jessie' on Friday the 24th. Will this all work out?
posted by expialidocious to Travel & Transportation around Los Angeles, CA (18 answers total)
Here's my plan:
- Train from Bay Area to LA Union Station on Wednesday or Thursday. Most likely the San Joaquin, as the Coast Starlight is not likely to be on time in that direction.
- Touristy stuff TBD.
- Show taping 5 pm Friday at Hollywood Center Studios, 1040 N. Las Palmas.
- Return on the Coast Starlight on Saturday or Sunday.
We've been looking for an excuse to take the train for a while - I don't think I'd bother with this idea if it involved air travel.
- Is this doable without a car, or should I rent one?
- How overbooked is the taping likely to be? It's a new show, middle of the first season. I'd like to get an idea of how early to show up.
- What is it like going to one of these? I imagine it might actually be long and boring.
- How serious is the studio about their no-cell-phone rule?
- What's a good neighborhood to stay in - convenient to either the train station, or the studio, or other fun areas, and safe for walking around?