Should I reinstate my interest after turning down a job interview?
February 9, 2012 5:19 PM Subscribe
Turned down a job interview. Now I would like to interview. Email them or call it a day? Special snowflake details.
Back story: I used to live in City A. I took a leave from that city to do a part time thing in City B.
I was thinking about moving back to City A and applied for a job there, from City B.
I did a phone interview, and they asked me to fly out on a certain date for an interview. I wasn't completely sure that I wanted to move back to City A, I thought I might have a better opportunity there if I did decide to move back, and the plane tickets, hotel room, etc., was all going to be on my dime and would be pretty expensive, so I sent them a short email saying I appreciated the offer but upon consideration was rescinding my application.
Now, a month later, I've decided to move back to City A (partially for non-job related reasons). The other opportunity didn't pan out. The position is still listed as open on their website.
I'd like to email my contact there and see they'd still be willing to interview me, if the position is still open, when I return soon.
1) Should I do this? Or is this considered really bad form?
2) What should I say if I do do it?