A cure for passing on a virus

How to detect virus on my blog, put up by my Mac, and appearing on PC of my readers.

I have a blog I have posted for 8 years...Lately, I get notes from readers using PCs that they get virus warning. Mac does not detect or seem troubled by these things but can and does seem to pass them on with no problem for my Mac but causing readers to be stopped from my site by their virus detectors.

Any fix for this problem?
posted by Postroad to Computers & Internet (8 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite

Sucuri site check and AntiVirus
posted by TheRaven at 11:58 AM on February 2, 2012

Run your site's URL through Unmask Parasite's online checker.
posted by Burhanistan at 11:59 AM on February 2, 2012

Also try McAfee's site advisor (put the URL in the Site Report field on the right).
posted by Burhanistan at 12:01 PM on February 2, 2012

Could it be that your site has been hacked and malware placed on your main page?
posted by These Birds of a Feather at 1:28 PM on February 2, 2012

I once before had virus report and found the bad post and deleted it. All seems clean for some time till yesterday so that I don't think it is my main page but one of my posts.

I looked at Sucuri (above) and it found lots of malware. Told me to sign up for 89 buckis and they clean my site every 6 hours for a year. Anyone here know and use this site? If so is it ok etc??
posted by Postroad at 1:33 PM on February 2, 2012

Does your blog have remotely-served ads? Ads are often vectors for malware.
posted by Thorzdad at 2:05 PM on February 2, 2012

old guy..do site for fun. NO ads!
posted by Postroad at 2:24 PM on February 2, 2012

It could simply be that one or more of the sites you link to is blacklisted by whatever AV software your visitors are using. You do have an...eclectic...mix of links, to be sure.
posted by Thorzdad at 2:54 PM on February 2, 2012

« Older I just upgraded to Ubuntu 10.0...   |  I adore my Kate Spade black me... Newer »