Inside: Leak. Outside: Water (ice) coming from under eaves. What to do?
January 28, 2012 1:54 PM Subscribe
HOME REPAIR: My over-the-range microwave had water in it! I uninstalled it and found a slow drip coming from the vent duct. Then I went outside and saw a bunch of ice coming out from under the eaves
. I don't know much about home construction or repair. What should I do?
posted by Alaska Jack to home & garden (12 answers total)
OK, here's the other info I can provide, if it is helpful.
1. I live in Anchorage. It's been very cold here -- in the -15F to +10F range.
2. The house has an attic -- by which I mean, a space up there of some kind. I've never been up there. After I finish writing this I'm going to go up there and see what I can see.
3. There is about a foot or so of snow on the roof -- certainly nothing I would consider unusual.
4. My neighbor says I need more insulation up in the attic. So in the absence of any other plan, I am going to try that.
5. If you look at the linked photos, there is kind of one primary leak coming out from under the eaves, and then another secondary one, off to the right.
So the bottom line is, I really have no idea what is causing this. I would be grateful for whatever guidance more knowledgeable folks could provide.