Where can I get custom sets of guitar strings manufactured?

My band play in a guitar tuning that isn't too common so for our guitar strings I currently have to buy a combination of single guitar strings and whole sets and mix and match them. This is expensive and time consuming.
My question is where can I get custom sets of guitar strings made up in my own gauges? I know about Naked Strings however even they don't stock all of what I need. I'm looking to buy these in bulk and maybe sell them as merchandise to fans too.
posted by rinsemedown to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (5 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Newtone Strings in the UK do this.
(and they are very nice strings.)
posted by scruss at 7:30 AM on January 28, 2012

musiciansfriend sells the house brand strings, each gauge in bulk, reasonably priced. I often use them for my own weird set.
posted by 2N2222 at 7:32 AM on January 28, 2012

Also Wyres.

If you're wanting real custom sets (as in your choice of materials and gauges) Guadalupe Custom Strings will make them by hand for you.
posted by scruss at 7:42 AM on January 28, 2012

Most guitar shops that do repairs stock all weights of strings in bulk. See if you can't buy piecemeal from them.
posted by The White Hat at 10:02 AM on January 28, 2012

I've never ordered from them, but juststrings.com sells individual strings.
posted by usonian at 3:21 PM on January 28, 2012

« Older I'm in need of penguin themed ...   |  What's the most user-friendly ... Newer »