Please help me find another incarnation of the best school orientation giveaway ever, my
What I love about it:
- By itself, it's super light
- It rolls down tiny/flat for packing
- The shoulder strap clips together in the front for easy locking and unlocking
- There's a cellphone pocket on the shoulder strap
- There's a lot more space than appears - I can fit my laptop plus power cord plus other stuff in there if I need to. (laptop is about 12.5x9in.) I don't often carry my laptop this way so I don't miss the padding, but I love that I can when I need to.
- It's simple and not ugly
What would make it even more perfect, but is by no means necessary:
- Nicer material so that it would be dressier
- More pockets/dividers
A two shoulder purse like backpack that does all this would be all right too, especially if the straps zip into one. I love the look of messenger bags but they always seem to make me ache.
I'm searching for 'sling bags' and 'one shoulder bags'. So far I'm finding that most narrow at the top, and don't seem to fit a laptop (many seem to top out at 12in, is there a good way to predict whether they'd comfortably stretch??), and/or seem too heavy or bulky to pack
The closest I'm finding seem to be these:
- Very very close
and awesome pockets, but unless it stretched (might it??) just barely too small for a laptop.
- Nearly identical
but definitely too small
- beautiful and large enough
but too expensive and too bulky
- Nice but too branded
and probably too bulky (and expensive)
- Looks perfect
, but 1.5 pounds empty!?! (also out of stock)
- This looks like it would work
but I couldn't find any actual availability
Please help! My friends are laughing at me that I'm still using this bag, but the real problem is that it is starting to look pretty worn out. Is there another 'promotional' source to try?