Will I pass a drug test?
January 17, 2012 5:23 PM Subscribe
Am I going to pass this damn drug test?
posted by anonymous to Work & Money (19 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Hey, folks. I've been working at a place for two months. When I was hired, I was told there would be drug tests. I assumed they meant urine tests. Now I'm finding out that there are actually hair follicle tests.
The last time I smoked weed was November 6. I haven't been able to find out exactly when the test is going to be. I also take (prescription) stimulants for ADD. I'm freaking out now, because I think that if I'm tested, I may lose this job. I can't stop worrying!
Here are my questions:
1. Will smoking once 72 days ago fail me? I smoked a few bowls that day. Prior to that time, I had smoked about once a week for a few months.
2. When they give follicle tests in the workplace, do they typically give people a few months notice? They don't _really_ want to fire people, you know?
3. Has anyone in similar circumstances been able to beat drug tests?
4. How do companies do it if you're absent the day of the test?
5. Does it really only test for 90 days? Do some places test for longer?
6. What if, say a woman smokes 6 months ago, and she has really long hair?
7. Will the fact that the period of my drug use was prior to employment affect things? They hired me...why would they go through the trouble of firing me so quickly? Do some places do a trial period?
8. What should I do?