Having left my flash drive at work more than once, I'm looking for mobile USB storage that I don't need to physically plug in.
I'm looking for a flash drive -like object -- or a kluge -- with the following functionality:
- file storage
- fits in my pocket or briefcase at all times
- connects wirelessly to my work computer when I'm at work
- connects wirelessly to my home computer when I'm at home
- does not need an existing wifi network in order to connect
- ideally, connects via bluetooth
I've scoped out the following products, but they don't do quite what I have in mind:
- AirStash (kicks you off your existing wifi)
- SeaGate GoFlex Satellite (need physical connection to upload files)
- Iomega Iconnect (needs wifi to connect)
- cloud storage such as Dropbox or PogoPlug (forbidden by my employer's IT security policy)
- Epson Quick Wireless Connection USB key
(what is this mysterious object? The name sounds approximately right, but what little explanation I can find has made me conclude that it exists to hook up wireless projectors to wireless networks.)
1. Does a product exist that will do approximately what I have in mind? In principle I don't see why it couldn't, so I'm surprised not to find it -- but it doesn't seem to be out there.
2. Alternatively, have you been able to cobble together the equivalent?
Thanks in advance for all suggestions.