How do I keep a canvas and leather bag in top-notch condition?
January 5, 2012 7:34 PM Subscribe
I'm terrible at taking care of my things. How do I keep this beautiful leather and canvas backpack
in top-notch condition for the next couple of decades?
posted by melancholyplay to Clothing, Beauty, & Fashion (8 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite
Following are some very basic how-to-take-care-of-a-canvas-and-leather-bag questions. I'm looking for anecdotes, experiences, and brand recommendations for leather care products. A DO's and DONT's list might be helpful.
1. How do I keep this bag in top-notch condition when I'm using it on a daily basis? Should I take the contents out every night to preserve its shape? Should I be hanging up the bag somewhere?
2. Any recommendations for taking care of the leather?
3. Should I carry something to cover it in case of a surprise rainstorm?
4. How do I keep the canvas from wearing out?
5. The bottom is made of mostly canvas, with two leather straps as an accent (I don't think they do anything for the bag's durability). How do I keep the bottom from wearing out? Should I avoid carrying heavy things in it?
Thanks in advance!