Help me replace my bondage restaints

Where can I buy a good quality set of leather bondage restraints?

I used to have a set of good quality leather wrist, ankle, thigh restraints. I would to replace them and the options online are pretty overwhelming.

I looked in the archives and did not find anything too helpful.

Many of the websites look severely dated which does not inspire confidence in handing over my credit card number.

If possible I would like to buy a high quality set. Most of the sets on the sites I have seen are pretty low quality. I am looking to buy something that will last for a while and am willing to pay for quality.

Any recommendations for both quality leather restraints and reputable online retailers?
posted by bytewrite to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (10 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

Well, JT's Stockroom is one of the very oldest and most reputable. They are serious about their gear.
posted by DarlingBri at 11:25 AM on January 4, 2012 [1 favorite]

Seconding the Stockroom. You also would do well with Stormy Leather.
posted by alms at 11:39 AM on January 4, 2012 [1 favorite]

Stockroom and Stormy Leather are both great; however, my personal favorite set of leather restraints were custom-made for me by a local kinkster (I've got super-tiny bones, and most non-custom restraints just plain don't work for me). They were also significantly less expensive than a comparable set would have been online. So, I might also suggest hopping on over to Fetlife, joining one or more of the groups in your area (pretty much every area has its kinksters, no matter how rural or conservative your area might be), and asking them if they know of anyone local who does custom leather work.
posted by kataclysm at 11:49 AM on January 4, 2012

Leather by Danny makes good quality stuff.
posted by rmd1023 at 11:54 AM on January 4, 2012

For the mainstream vendors, Mr. S has some of the best gear around. I usually find it higher quality than Stockroom, but also pricier.

It's usually best to see independent vendors' products up front before buying, their quality can be a crapshoot. That being said, our leather cuffs are indie but sadly I have no idea where they're from.
posted by hwyengr at 12:13 PM on January 4, 2012

Is your partner a girl or guy? If a guy, I'd stick with Mr. S, as their sizes are geared towards men. Otherwise any of the above suggestions are great.
posted by desjardins at 12:39 PM on January 4, 2012

Also, google a site called 665 (can't link at work). We have been happy with their quality and they have other interesting materials.

You could always get a custom set made by Collar Factory.

I've bought 5 collars and one pair of wrist cuffs, all with my choice of color, whether or not I wanted it lined with faux fur, hardware style, spikes or studs or gems or whatever, etc.

There are a few examples of custom bondage sets in the forums (which is the best place to go for ideas in designing your own pieces), so I recommend you explore those first.
posted by DisreputableDog at 1:36 PM on January 4, 2012

Nthing Stockroom/Stormy Leather (they're the same company), though I caution you to stay away from their KinkLab line if you're looking for something high-quality that will last you for a long time. They're nice products and look great, but they're very much for beginners or folks who aren't going to squirm and resist too much, and they show a lot of wear over time.

Mr. S is also wonderful, and yes, often pricier.
posted by rhiannonstone at 1:53 PM on January 4, 2012

If it's for a woman, shop Madame S rather than Mr. S.

Nthing votes for them and for Stormy Leather. You wouldn't go wrong with either.
posted by nakedcodemonkey at 5:37 PM on January 4, 2012

« Older Cleaner of 1+ year is using ou...   |  I'm looking for visual convent... Newer »