Trying to identify a song I just heard on the radio with just a few lyrics - help please!

Trying to identify a song I heard on the radio with just a few lyrics - help please!

It was playing on a station that plays either top40/hip-hop or rap. It sounded like a typical hip hop song with a reggae or African flair. I think there was a part with a female rapper who sounded like Nicki Minaj, but I could be mistaken.

I think some of the lyrics were "...every day of my life..." and it sounded like the singer had some sort of accent, maybe Jamaican?

I tried checking the radio station website but they do not have the play list posted. Thank you!
posted by seesom to Media & Arts (8 answers total)

Was it Nikki Minaj's Moment 4 Life? (actual song starts around 1:30)
posted by birdherder at 7:00 PM on January 1, 2012

Matisyahu - One Day?
posted by illenion at 7:19 PM on January 1, 2012

Seconding Moment 4 Life - Nicki Minaj is Trinidadian.
posted by lunasol at 9:09 PM on January 1, 2012

Thanks, both are good guesses but not it. I should have been more specific - most of the song is sung by a man with an accent. Then there is one part where the rap comes in. There might be multiple rappers. Thanks again!
posted by seesom at 9:25 PM on January 1, 2012

Does it have a part about all around the world or everywhere in the world or something like that, and is it upbeat? (I am trying to remember a song, but it's not cooperating.)
posted by wintersweet at 10:10 PM on January 1, 2012

Akon - Struggle Everyday ?
posted by Marie Mon Dieu at 5:46 AM on January 2, 2012

Michael Franti and Spearhead, Say Hey? It doesn't have that exact line, but it's the one I was thinking of.
posted by wintersweet at 4:07 PM on January 3, 2012

Finally found it- thanks shazam- it is called "Hold Yuh" by gyptian feat. Nicki minaj.
posted by seesom at 4:48 AM on January 13, 2012 [1 favorite]

« Older How do I stop having static di...   |  Thailand travel planning: tryi... Newer »