I'm looking for a mediation/yoga retreat in the Pacific Northwest or Northern California.
I would like to take a weekend in January to go on some retreat. I'd like to go somewhere surrounded by natural beauty, where I can rest, unplug from the internet, and do some meditation and yoga. I'd like to do the whole thing for less than $500.
I was originally planning to go to Expanding Light
- but between the flight to Sacramento ($200), renting a car to get there (probably around $70 plus an hour drive each way) and the cost of staying there ($180 in a shared room, $300 in my own room), it's seeming expensive and a bit more travel than I'd like.
So I'm hoping you all can help me with some alternatives. What I'd like:
- Located within 5 hours of Seattle (I'm willing to fly if it's a short flight, but in that case, I'd rather a place that's easier to get to from the airport).
- More focus on retreat and relaxation than intense meditation or yoga. I'm not very practiced in either, but I'm interested in a weekend oriented around them because I find them excellent at clearing my mind and refreshing me.
- A nice community and an opportunity to interact with other people (ie, no silent retreats.
- Would prefer a place without TV or internet access, at least in the rooms.
- Total cost (between transit, room/board, and any classes) under $500.
I would also be open to a rustic hostel/lodge type place with a friendly vibe and the opportunity to take yoga classes in lieue of a structured retreat center.