Cheap email notification
June 27, 2005 9:57 AM Subscribe
What would you recommend as the cheapest way to set something up that would offer at-a-glance notification that there was an email waiting for you on the computer.
posted by jbradley to technology (7 answers total)
It's easiest for me to communicate via email during the day, but my wife only checks email occasionally (she's a stay at home mom.) I'd like to put some kind of display in the kitchen that would let her know that there was an email waiting. In descending order of priority, this set up would:
1) Not take up too much room (counter space is at a premium)
2) Allow her to glance at something and tell if there was an email in her inbox (no need to turn anything on or pick something up.)
3) Let her see who the email was from.
4) Let her see how many emails were waiting
5) Let her see the text of the email
6) Let her respond to the email.