Good books for solo jazz acoustic guitar.

Good books for jazz solo acoustic guitar, to accompany voice.

I've already ordered a couple of books from amazon, but they have both turned out to be junk.

I need something halfway between a real book, and full score, with plenty of standards and lyrics, easy to jam along to, but with well thought out chord voicings. Not computer generated chord shapes. I don't need note by note, but perhaps the odd solo transcribed would be nice but not essential.
posted by choppyes to Sports, Hobbies, & Recreation (3 answers total) 3 users marked this as a favorite

If you're okay with a DVD + tab book combo, I can recommend this. You can see a sample here to see if it's the sort of thing you're looking for.
posted by tdismukes at 4:15 PM on December 28, 2011 [1 favorite]

the Fake Book for Jazz has all the standards. It's not cheap, but can sometimes be found on Ebay.
posted by txmon at 7:48 AM on December 29, 2011

This may not focus on solo jazz guitar but I know several highly accomplished guitar player that self taught themselves with this book.

Jazz Guitar Mickey Baker
posted by Che boludo! at 5:42 PM on December 29, 2011

« Older How can you buy books and apps...   |  Someone is applying for an aut... Newer »