Help me name my self-guided city tour website!
December 21, 2011 1:18 PM Subscribe
Help me name my self-guided city tour website.
posted by carbide to Grab Bag (16 answers total)
I'm starting a project in the new year and am the worst at coming up with catchy names, so I'd like to borrow your brains. I'd like a name that makes it self-explanatory.
The project will be a website with a series of, say, 2-hour self-guided walks, with themes to do with the area, a certain building type or a period. I've given architectural walking tours and I was going to write about walking the city, but the overwhelming response is "oh god no, write guides, I'd use them!"
(I may later develop it as an app - it's an obvious step - but my own limitations mean it will start as web-based.)
- My background is in architecture, now in research and writing about architecture.
- I'm mostly interested in modern and contemporary architecture, but will likely cover the older stock when doing street-by-street.
- The tours are for the general public (native or tourist), but written with a focus on urbanism and architecture.
- They'll be guides to the area written with the idea that you'll be walking while reading them.
- Some will be street by street, some will be area or, say, 'Dublin's green spaces'.
- It's for Dublin, Ireland. (No folksy or leprechauny things, please!)
- I'd like to buy the .com
- I'm more DIY doof than concierge, but this is a professional project so I don't want it to sound too half-baked, either.
Thanks! I'll gladly clarify anything else (and it's at the early stages of the project so I hope it doesn't sound awful!).