Please put your Vegas expertise to work and help me pick a mid-range hotel on the Strip.
So genghis and I are going to Vegas for our first vacation together since we got married seven years ago. Yay! We are staying for 7 nights in May. I have narrowed down hotel choices to the following because I am a total hotel whore and a nicer room at a less posh hotel is vastly
preferable to me than a broom closet in the Bellagio, which is out of our budget anyway:
NY NY Spa Suite
(€962.34); Flamingo GO View Room
(€762.98); Monte Carlo Monaco Suite
We've reached the point on hotel review sites where 70% of the reviews are terrifying and the other 30% sound like shills, so I turn to you, MetaFilter. My questions are:
1) Do any of these hotels have a much better location than the others?
2) Is there anything you know about these hotels that makes NY NY actually worth €200 more than the nicest room at the Flamingo?
3) Which one would you pick, or is there another hotel in this price range I should put on my list?
And for the bonus round:
4) If you are not staying at the Stratosphere, do you need to pay $16 each to get up to the 107 Lounge for cocktails, and if so, is it worth it?
Possibly relevant: We are not huge gamblers but will flush money down $5 Blackjack machines. We will not be renting a car. We understand the places that charge a resort fee include WiFi, and the places with no resort fees charge an equivalent amount for WiFi (so that's a wash.)