Why does IE see the same html two ways?
December 1, 2011 11:11 AM Subscribe
Why does Internet Explorer's rendering of my web page change when it is uploaded to the server? How can I troubleshoot/fix it?
posted by itesser to Computers & Internet (15 answers total)
I'm building an email newsletter. All the formatting is done with tables.
It's created in Dreamweaver. After much anguish, I got it looking right in Firefox and IE8, then uploaded it to our server. When the page is visited through the internet, one particular table is broken.
I double checked:
- tweaked text in dreamweaver,
- previewed the local file IE
- uploaded the file to server
- previewed the server-located file in IE (Y:\website\file.html)
- loaded that *same file* through the internet (http://www.site.com/file.html)
...and the file still rendered differently. Appeared fine loaded through our network, broken loaded through the internet.
The code is *identical*, so why is it different over the internet than over our local file network?
And how do I fix it?
Or where should I go to have this answered?