Help my get all my stuff to sync properly.

I use Google Calendar, which I access either on iCal (Lion), my iPhone 4 (running iOS 5.01) and my iPad 2 (also running iOS 5.01). Sometimes, randomly, events I add to my calendar in iCal do not show up on my iPad or iPhone. However, when I go to Settings on the iOS devices, select "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars" and turn my Google Calendars off and then on again, everything works fine, and all events show up on all devices. How can I avoid having to manually do this, and have things just work.

Thanks for your help.
posted by 4ster to Computers & Internet (4 answers total) 2 users marked this as a favorite
Are you using google's imap calendar setup or their exchange setup (aka "Google Sync") on your iOS devices?
posted by sleeping bear at 9:16 PM on November 30, 2011

IMAP, not Exchange.
posted by 4ster at 5:46 AM on December 1, 2011

Long delay, sorry. Sounds like something isn't triggering the sync. Try deleting and re-adding the account on the iOS device?
posted by sleeping bear at 7:15 PM on January 2, 2012

It appears that the problem was with iCal (Lion) and Google Calendar not communicating properly. For example, events I deleted from iCal kept reappearing until I went to GCal and deleted them.

So, I've taken the path of least resistance and just use GCal and taken iCal out of the equation. Now everything works as it should on all devices.
posted by 4ster at 10:17 AM on January 4, 2012

« Older Excel Macros For Dummies   |   How to record from multiple cameras at once on OS... Newer »